We are asking all visitors to the surgery and dispensaries to wear a face-covering in line with the new Government direction of face-coverings in enclosed public areas from this weekend. If you do need to come in to the surgery for any reason, then we will be asking you to wear an appropriate face-covering for your and other patients' protection. Thank you for your cooperation.
We are aware that some patients might be understandably anxious about the Government’s recent announcements around the use of face masks in various public settings including shops. There are certain groups of people who are exempt from this requirement and they include: children under the age of 11, people with disabilities, those with breathing difficulties or those who are travelling with someone who relies on lip reading.
GPs are unfortunately not in a position to provide individual risk assessments or letters for patients who feel that they should be exempt from wearing a face mask. Some people cannot wear a face covering for legitimate reasons. An exemption card is a way of showing this without needing to explain and can be downloaded at the Government website on face-coverings.
1. Woolavington and Edington dispensaries' opening hours are 1000am until 1830 hrs. Please order your medication using the NHS APP, our website at poldenmp.nhs.uk or Patient Access. You can download the NHS app from any smartphone and you can verify your identity without coming to the surgery. If you don’t have a smartphone but you do have internet access, you can use Patient Access. You will need to come to reception to get your log on details for Patient Access.
Alternatively you can also use the online form at the bottom of the prescription page.
2. ONLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS OR A SMARTPHONE you can call the surgery to order your medication. We are prioritising this for the elderly and vulnerable so please only use this line if you really have to. Opening times for the repeat line are 10am - 12am. This service will cease from 1st October 2020.
3. PLEASE DO NOT order more medication than you need or order earlier than you need to.
DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY IF YOU HAVE A COUGH AND/OR A TEMPERATURE
4. In light of the recent government advice please do not come to surgery at all but ask someone to collect on your behalf if you have a cough and/or temperature.
5. If you are well and collecting medication from the Surgery, we are asking that you pay by contactless methods wherever possible. A member of Polden Medical Practice team will sign the back of your prescription for you to reduce risk.
6. If you have symptoms associated with coronavirus including a new continuous cough and a high temperature, you are advised to stay at home for 7 days. Please do not book a GP appointment or attend your GP practice. If you live with other people, they should stay at home for at least 14 days, to avoid spreading the infection outside the home. After 14 days, anyone you live with who does not have symptoms can return to their normal routine. But, if anyone in your home gets symptoms, they should stay at home for 7 days from the day their symptoms start. Even if it means they're at home for longer than 14 days. The most up-to-date public guidance is always online at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus.
7. If you think that you may be displaying symptoms the use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do next.
8. NHS advice on the COVID-19 Coronavirus is available on the NHS website - COVID 19 Coronavirus page.
9. Bridgwater Bay PCN has also produced this useful PCN Covid 19 Guidance which you should read.
10. Government advice on the Coronavirus can be read on the Government website - Coronavirus information for the public page
111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It's fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals.
How likely are you to recommend this Surgery to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment? Please spend 2 minutes to take the Friends and Family Test.
The NHS website. Take control of your health and wellbeing. Get medical advice, information about healthcare services and support for a healthy life.
Patient is one of the most trusted medical resources online, supplying evidence based information on a wide range of medical and health topics to patients and health professionals.