If you think you might have coronavirus or you’ve been in close contact with someone who has it visit NHS 111 online coronavirus service for advice. For the latest information and guidance please refer to the UK Government website.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine
We have now completed our COVID vaccination programme at Woolavington surgery. Second COVID jab appointments are available at North Petherton Rugby Club until June. We will ring and text patients as the appointments become available.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): getting tested – GOV.UK
For guidance on coronavirus testing, including who is eligible for a test, how to get tested and the different types of test available. COVID-19 – Getting tested
Woolavington and Edington dispensaries’ opening hours are 10:00am until 18:30 hrs. Please order your medication using the NHS APP, our website at poldenmp.nhs.uk or Patient Access. You can download the NHS app from any smartphone and you can verify your identity without coming to the surgery. If you don’t have a smartphone but you do have internet access, you can use Patient Access. You will need to come to reception to get your log on details for Patient Access, or refer to our register for online services section.
Advice for patients with pre-existing conditions
- Macmillan – Cancer and coronavirus
- Asthma UK – What to do if you have asthma
- Blood Cancer UK – Information for people affected by blood cancer
- Diabetes UK – Coronavirus and diabetes
- Kidney Care UK – Guidance for patients with kidney disease
Support for the employed
Support for self-employed
Guidance for people who are self-employed and getting less work or no work because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Guidance on shielding and protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19
Advice for Vulnerable Patients
- Guidance on shielding and protecting extremely vulnerable people
- How to get support for extremely critical vulnerable person
- Advice for people at higher risk – those who are 70 or older, are pregnant or have a condition that increases the risks from coronavirus.
- Pregnancy advice
- National Domestic Violence Helpline 0808 2000 247
- Rape Crisis England & Wales 0808 802 9999
- NSPCC Helpline 0808 800 5000 – If you’re worried about a child, even if you’re unsure, contact NSPCC professional counsellors for help, advice and support
- Childline 0800 1111 – Offers free, confidential advice and support for any child 18 years or under, whatever the worry
- MIND: Mental Health Support with specific advice on “Coronavirus and your wellbeing”
- YoungMinds: Supporting children and young people and their parents/carers with their mental health and wellbeing. Specific advice on managing self-isolation and naxiety about Coronavirus
- ICON: Babies cry: You can cope
- SafeLives: Specific resources for domestic abuse and COVID
Recovering from COVID-19
Watch the video below to see how you can ease your recovery from a COVID-19 infection.