The Practice has a new online service to add to the existing ways that you can contact the surgery. This service is not for emergency situations or when immediate repsonses are required, but does allow you to send secure mesages to ask questions or pass messages to the Doctors and staff.
A step by step guide for registering for online consultations is available to assist you in registering for the first time.
A step by step guide for using the consultation service is available.
1. Woolavington and Edington dispensaries' opening hours are 1000am until 1830 hrs. Please order your medication using the NHS APP, our website at poldenmp.nhs.uk or Patient Access. You can download the NHS app from any smartphone and you can verify your identity without coming to the surgery. If you don’t have a smartphone but you do have internet access, you can use Patient Access. You will need to come to reception to get your log on details for Patient Access.
Alternatively you can also use the online form at the bottom of the prescription page.
2. ONLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS OR A SMARTPHONE you can call the repeat line to order your medication. We are prioritising this for the elderly and vulnerable so please only use this line if you really have to. Opening times for the repeat line are 10am - 12am.
3. PLEASE DO NOT order more medication than you need or order earlier than you need to.
DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY IF YOU HAVE A COUGH AND/OR A TEMPERATURE
4. In light of the recent government advice please do not come to surgery at all but ask someone to collect on your behalf if you have a cough and/or temperature.
5. If you are well and collecting medication from the Surgery, we are asking that you pay by contactless methods wherever possible. A member of Polden Medical Practice team will sign the back of your prescription for you to reduce risk.
6. If you have symptoms associated with coronavirus including a new continuous cough and a high temperature, you are advised to stay at home for 7 days. Please do not book a GP appointment or attend your GP practice. If you live with other people, they should stay at home for at least 14 days, to avoid spreading the infection outside the home. After 14 days, anyone you live with who does not have symptoms can return to their normal routine. But, if anyone in your home gets symptoms, they should stay at home for 7 days from the day their symptoms start. Even if it means they're at home for longer than 14 days. The most up-to-date public guidance is always online at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus.
7. If you think that you may be displaying symptoms the use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do next.
8. NHS advice on the COVID-19 Coronavirus is available on the NHS website - COVID 19 Coronavirus page.
9. Bridgwater Bay PCN has also produced this useful PCN Covid 19 Guidance which you should read.
10. Government advice on the Coronavirus can be read on the Government website - Coronavirus information for the public page
The Practice's telephone number is 01278 722077.
Our news stories include:
111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It's fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals.
How likely are you to recommend this Surgery to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment? Please spend 2 minutes to take the Friends and Family Test.
The NHS website. Take control of your health and wellbeing. Get medical advice, information about healthcare services and support for a healthy life.
Patient is one of the most trusted medical resources online, supplying evidence based information on a wide range of medical and health topics to patients and health professionals.