Please also see our COVID-19 information page
AskmyGP - the easy and fast way to ask for any kind of help from the Practice
Polden Medical Practice has a new way of requesting help from the surgery called 'Ask My Gp'. If you would like a GP's consultation then you should access Ask-My-Gp via our website. Patients who do not have either an email address, or an app-capable mobile phone, may continue to ring reception who will complete the online form on their behalf. The fastest and best way to ask for GP advice is to use the Ask-My-Gp request form. It is easy and simple to use and gets your request to your prefered Doctor with the information they need to give you the assistance you need.
As a result of the introduction of Ask-My-Gp, the 10-12 am Dispensing line will no longer be available. Patients who use the service should make arrangements to use Patient access, the NHS App on their mobile phones or the ordering page on our dispensing webpage. We have an externally-facing email address firstname.lastname@example.org so repeat requests can be emailed into the dispensary. Patients who do not have an email address, or a app-capable mobile phone, or who do not hand in paper requests, should speak to the Dispensary to find out other options.
1. We now have the forecasted delivery dates for our Winter Flu Vaccinations. We are arranging Flu Clinics at Woolavington Surgery on Saturdays for the following dates. You can book an appointment by replying to our invitation texts, sending us a message on Ask-My-Gp using the link above or telephoning the surgery:
2. You will be given an individual time slot for your appointment. Eligible patients can ask for a flu jab alongside any pre-booked appointment they have at either surgery for another condition. The list of eligible patients can be found on the NHS website; which you should check if you are unsure about whether you are entitled.
3. Patients aged 50-64 will be offered vaccinations from November/December onwards. We will be in touch once we know the delivery dates. Please do not ask for flu vaccinations before this date as we will not have received the vaccinations.
4. Child nasal flu vaccination will be contacted by text or phone when we can offer them a date for the nasal flu vaccination. Please phone the surgery if you have a 2-3 year old who requires a nasal flu vaccine.
Guidance note for patients requesting exemption letters
We are aware that some patients might be understandably anxious about the Government’s recent announcements around the use of face masks in various public settings including shops. There are certain groups of people who are exempt from this requirement and they include:
• children under the age of 11
• people with disabilities
• those with breathing difficulties or
• those who are travelling with someone who relies on lip reading.
GPs are unfortunately not in a position to provide individual risk assessments or letters for patients who feel that they should be exempt from wearing a face mask. The current government guidance on exemptions suggests there is no requirement for evidence for exemption therefore it is sufficient for an individual to self-declare this.
111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It's fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals.
How likely are you to recommend this Surgery to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment? Please spend 2 minutes to take the Friends and Family Test.
The NHS website. Take control of your health and wellbeing. Get medical advice, information about healthcare services and support for a healthy life.
Patient is one of the most trusted medical resources online, supplying evidence based information on a wide range of medical and health topics to patients and health professionals.